top of page
Planning with JHa

What is Planning Permission & How is it Approved?

Most new buildings or major changes to existing buildings or to the local environment need consent – known as Planning Permission. Without a Planning Permission system in place, everyone could construct or change buildings or use land in any way they wanted.

Your local planning authority is responsible for deciding whether a development should go ahead – granting Planning Permission. Many simple projects do not need full planning approval and come under permitted development, for more information on permitted development click here. JHA are very experienced in this field and will happily advise you of what is and is not applicable to your project. If Planning Permission is required, they will advise what your local authority will allow and discuss the procedure in more detail.



The Process

JHA will carry out a free first initial meeting at your home to asses the space and discuss your expectations and requirements for your project. They can advise on all the possibilities to get the optimum space out of your home whilst keeping within your budgets. 

After discussing the project proposals JHA can give you an accurate price for the planning service, if you are happy with the quote they can then start straight away with a measured home survey.

Once the measured survey is complete they can then start on drawing up the existing and proposed design options. This usually consists of four design options depending on whether the client has an idea of the final outcome. JHA will ensure the design meets your expectations, if not they will tweak the proposals until you are completely satisfied to proceed.

When you are completely satisfied with the final design JHA will complete all the necessary paperwork and forms, submit the application to your local authority and liaise with them to secure a decision.

Once planning is permitted JHA can then produce your building regulation drawings. For more information click here to go to the JHA building regulations page.

Plannng the process
bottom of page